Master of Science in Data Analytics
Request more information
Reach your career goals with a data analytics degree
This program prepares individuals to use a variety of statistical and quantitative methods, computational tools, and predictive models to help businesses, nonprofits, and government agencies in forecasting, risk assessment, making critical decisions, and ultimately, enabling them to be more successful in a wide range of data-rich environments.
$450 | Calculate Your Cost
Data Analytics Degree Overview
University of the Potomac is pleased to offer the newly added Master of Science in Data Analytics among our roster of career-driven master degree programs. This program prepares individuals to use a variety of statistical and quantitative methods, computational tools, and predictive models to help businesses, nonprofits, and government agencies in forecasting, risk assessment, making critical decisions, and ultimately, enabling them to be more successful in a wide range of data-rich environments.
Principal Business Data Analyst
“Potomac is more than an education. The university provides better career prospects, valuable employability skills, personal development and a world of opportunity. “
This Program Is Accredited By
Data Analytics Courses & Curriculum
Students complete the eight courses in the core and select one of the four-course concentrations. All courses are three credits.
Lower Division Requirements (60 credits)
- MGMT610 Executive Leadership
- BUS560 Management and Information Systems
- MCAP520 Enterprise Data Management and Administration
- COMP470 Database Organization II
- DACS640 Data Integration, Warehousing, Provenance, and Analysis
- COMP590 Data Presentation and Visualization
- COMP605 Optimization and Risk Assessment
- DACS600 Advanced Data Analytics
Data Analytics Requirements & Outcomes
Graduates of the Master of Science in Data Analytics program will be able to:
- Design, implement, populate, and query relational databases for operational data.
- Design, implement, populate, and query data warehouses for informational data.
- Harness very large data sets to make business decisions.
- Evaluate the use of data from acquisition through cleansing, warehousing, analytics, and visualization to the ultimate business decision.
- Execute real-time analytical methods on streaming datasets to react quickly to customer needs.
- Communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- Initiate and lead teamwork, implement a wide range of team-work development, manage multi-cultural communication and possible conflicts.
- Develop a personal code of values and ethics that includes, among other things, a commitment to personal and social understanding.
General Admission Requirements
- Complete an admissions interview conducted in person or via online methods.
- Sign and submit an attestation of high school (or equivalent) completion.
- Equivalencies include a GED Certificate. Home schooled students must present a diploma that meets the requirements of the state in which it was issued. (Students with non-US credentials please see International Student Admissions Requirements below).
- Submit a completed application
- Arrange for official transcripts from all colleges/universities previously attended to be submitted to the Office of Records and Registration, University of the Potomac.
- Submit grade reports or scores from any recognized college equivalency examinations (e.g., CLEP, DANTES, and Advanced Placement).
- Submit certificates from any corporate education training or professional development programs. (Note: An ACE evaluation form may be required to determine appropriate credit for corporate educational training.)
- Submit military training documents. (Note: An ACE military evaluation form may be required to determine appropriate credit for military training.)
Graduate Admissions Requirements
In addition to the general requirements listed to the left, applicants for a graduate program must provide the following:
- An undergraduate degree in order to enroll in University of the Potomac master’s programs: four-year bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in other countries.
- International applicants 16 with a 3-year undergraduate degree may be admitted on the recommendation of the Admission Committee which will be based on students’ preparation.
- Two Letters of recommendation from individuals who may be a direct supervisor or university faculty member. *This requirement may be waived for those students with Master level transfer credits*.
- One required essay, in MSWord document form, addressing the student’s preparation for the graduate program.
The Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) is not required for admission to the MBA, but is strongly preferred for students who do not have a bachelor’s degree in a business related discipline or lack the pre-requisite courses in business, finance and economics. Similarly, the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is not required for admission to the MSIT or MHCA, but is recommended.
Hear What Our Graduates Are Saying
Request FREE Information
Want to learn more about University of the Potomac?
Complete the simple form – it just takes a minute!
- Invest in yourself by finishing your degree.
- Take classes online, on campus, or both.
- Finish faster. Save more.
This will only take a moment.
Master in Data Analytics Jobs & Opportunities
Planning Analysts research and report data regarding cost, feasibility, and profitability on short- and long-range strategic plans.
Small Business Owners plan, direct, and manage all functions from operations to marketing to accounting, ensuring business health and profitability.
Sales Managers direct the business development activities of sales personnel, ensuring revenue targets are met or exceeded.
Explore more Jobs & Careers for students
with a B.S. in Business Degree
Data Analytics Concentrations
Business Analytics Concentration Courses
- BUS625 Business Analytics
- BUS630 Data Driven Decision Making
- BUS690 Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management
- RES 680 Capstone in Data Analytics
Marketing Analytics Concentration Courses
- MRKT640 Digital Marketing Strategy
- BUS530 Marketing Management
- MRKT650 Marketing Analytics
- RES 680 Capstone in Data Analytics
Financial Analytics Concentration Courses
- FIN650 Financial Services Analytics
- FIN655 Accounting Analytics
- FIN660 Algorithmic Trading and Quantitative Investment Strategies
- RES 680 Capstone in Data Analytics
Big Data Science Concentration Courses
- DACS610 Data Mining
- DACS620 Machine Learning
- DACS630 Data Preparation and Analysis
- DACS640 Capstone: Data Integration, Warehousing and Analysis
Geospatial Intelligence Concentration Courses
- GIS580: Geospatial Intelligence
- GIS581: Geospatial Analysis and Modeling
- GIS583: Geospatial Web and Mobile Programming
- GIS585: Geospatial Applications in IT, Business and Management
Master in Data Analytics Frequently Asked Questions
A Master’s in Data Analytics Degree is one of the master’s programs that UOTP offers. This program concentrates on data science as well as data operations. To create and build data models, data analytics specialists use mathematical and statistical methodologies and techniques and programming, methodologies taught at UOTP’s MSDA program.
Depending on whether you will choose to study full-time or part-time, on-campus or online, earning an MSDA will typically take you two years to complete. However, you can choose an accelerated program to complete your degree in less time.
UOTP aims to provide qualitative education at an affordable price. So we can assure you that it won’t cost you an arm and a leg to get your degree. You can have a clearer idea of how much you will be spending on your MSDA degree by calculating your school cost. Not to forget that UOTP offers financial aid, scholarships, and other financial resources to keep your education affordable.
Organizations from all sectors of the economy are looking for people with programming, analytics, and communication abilities to sort through massive data sets to get a competitive advantage or develop a prediction tool to help them stand out in crowded markets. So, this degree will certainly open you up to countless career opportunities.
Yes, you can. The University of the Potomac gives you the opportunity to choose whether you want to enroll in an on-campus or online MSDA program. It is entirely up to you to choose how you want to get your degree.