Doctor of Education
Request more information
Reach your career goals with an education degree
The mission of the Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) in Organizational Leadership degree is to develop effective leaders in organizational contexts. The program improves students’ skills and increases their knowledge of effective leadership through advanced study. This doctor program focuses on practice, professional engagement, research and theory. Further, the program prepares students to interpret research literature, identify viable solutions and develop contextual applications for areas related to.
$1551 | Calculate Your Cost
Doctor of Education Degree Overview
Upon completion of the program, graduates will be able to address the needs and challenges facing education professionals in across a variety of contents. Coursework explores the principles of leadership, scholarship and practice to prepare leaders who can affect change in educational and organizational systems.
“I really enjoyed the course work and being able to complete it when it was convenient for me. The course schedule allowed me to make progress quickly.”
This Program Is Accredited By
Doctor of Education Courses & Curriculum
Students must complete all courses and defend their dissertation.
Doctor of Education (60 credits)
- EDUC 700 Self-Insight and Personal Development as a Leader
- EDUC 710 Leading Change in Educational Institutions
- EDUC 715 System Thinking and Decision Making
- EDUC 720 Leading Large Scale Transformation
- EDUC 725 Case Studies for Educational Leadership; Solving Administrative Dilemmas
- EDUC 730 Organizational Behavior and Management
- EDUC 735 Interpersonal Communication of Organizations
- EDUC 740 Contemporary Issues in Education
- EDUC 745 Conflict Management
- DBEC 700 Principles of Research and Writing
- DBEC 710 Qualitative Research Methodology and Statistical Analysis
- DBEC 725 Quantitative and Case Study Research Methodology
- DBEC 800 Doctoral Research I: Proposal Development
- DBEC 801 Doctoral Research II: Introduction & Literature Review
- DBEC 802 Doctoral Research III: Methodology
- EDUC 803 Doctoral Research IV: Results, Findings, and Discussion
- EDUC 804 Doctoral Research V: Discussion and Defense
- EDUC 900 Dissertation Defense
Doctor of Education Requirements & Outcomes
- Develop an integrative understanding of traditional leadership theories and critical perspectives.
- Develop an understanding of organizations as complex, social and bureaucratic systems within a larger political environment.
- Produce knowledge and interventions that build the capacity within schools, communities, and organizations to work towards social justice.
- Ability to utilize internal and external data sources to inform policy and practice
- Manage conflict and facilitate change associated with resource allocation and institutional priorities, which contribute to the long-term viability of the organization.
- Ability to provide competent oversight to instructional and student services programs, including informed program evaluation and review.
- Ability to navigate organizational structures and cultures to establish partnerships, utilize networks, and encourage collaboration.
- Complete an admissions interview conducted in person or via online methods.
- Sign and submit an attestation of high school (or equivalent) completion. Equivalencies include a GED Certificate. Home schooled students must present a diploma that meets the requirements of the state in which it was issued. (Students with non-US credentials please see International Student Admissions Requirements below).
- Submit a completed application
- Arrange for official transcripts from all colleges/universities previously attended to be submitted to the Office of Records and Registration, University of the Potomac.
- Submit grade reports or scores from any recognized college equivalency examinations (e.g., CLEP, DANTES, and Advanced Placement).
- Submit certificates from any corporate education training or professional development programs. (Note: An ACE evaluation form may be required to determine appropriate credit for corporate educational training.)
- Submit military training documents. (Note: An ACE military evaluation form may be required to determine appropriate credit for military training.)
- An undergraduate degree in order to enroll in University of the Potomac master’s programs: four-year bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in other countries.
- International applicants 16 with a 3-year undergraduate degree may be admitted on the recommendation of the Admission Committee which will be based on students’ preparation.
- Two Letters of recommendation from individuals who may be a direct supervisor or university faculty member. *This requirement may be waived for those students with Master level transfer credits*.
- One required essay, in MSWord document form, addressing the student’s preparation for the graduate program.
Request FREE Information
Want to learn more about University of the Potomac?
Complete the simple form – it just takes a minute!
- Invest in yourself by finishing your degree.
- Take classes online, on campus, or both.
- Finish faster. Save more.
This will only take a moment.
Request FREE Information
Want to learn more about University of the Potomac?Complete the simple form – it just takes a minute!
This will only take a moment.
Hear What Our Graduates Are Saying
Doctor of Education Frequently Asked Questions
An Ed.D. is a degree dedicated to existing and aspiring leaders who want to build a name for themselves in their company or sector. Using leadership best practices, you’ll discover how to improve your ability as a leader to solve real-world challenges and influence change within an organization.
At UOTP, an Ed.D degree can be completed within three years for most students; however, completion dates vary depending on the individual and the work they put in among other factors.
UOTP aims to provide qualitative education at an affordable price. So we can assure you that it won’t cost you an arm and a leg to get your degree. You can have a clearer idea of how much you will be spending on your Ed.D. degree by calculating your school cost. Not to forget that UOTP offers financial aid, scholarships, and other financial resources to keep your education affordable.
Yes, you can. The University of the Potomac gives you the opportunity to choose whether you want to enroll in an on-campus or online Ed.D. program. It is entirely up to you to choose how you want to get your degree.
It all starts with you deciding to get a Doctor of Education Degree. After you make sure that you meet the UOTP admission requirements, you check the application deadline and start with the application procedures. Not to forget that you can always contact an admission officer to help you with the whole process.