We Know You Want More Than Knowledge From Your College Experience.
Going to college is more than spending long hours studying in the library or sitting in class listening to lectures. It is also about growing as an individual and enhancing your overall perspective of the world. The more involved you are in university student life, the easier it will be for you to transition into the working world and succeed in your career. The student experience encompasses many different aspects of student life: academic and intellectual; social and emotional; and the growth of cultural and artistic interests.
The networking portion of university student life is immense. You will meet other students who share common interests with you and professors can provide you with recommendations on career opportunities. Meeting recruiters at university-sponsored events is an excellent way to develop contacts in different areas and possibly land job interviews. Your fellow classmates may also be able to help with tips on where to apply for jobs.
Many students form life-long friendships with their fellow classmates, which can help them personally and professionally later in life. Study groups and clubs help students meet and form friendships in a positive environment. There are also lots of social events that take place near the campus, making it easy to mingle and meet new people. Developing interpersonal skills in college will help to propel you in your career.
Achieving Academic Success
Our students work hard to reach new heights of academic success because collegiate performance contributes often to future career and personal accomplishments. UOTP is proud to honor our students through their achievements, from awards and merit-based scholarships to reaching the President’s, Dean’s and Honors List through maintaining a high-grade point average.
Student clubs and organizations provide students with opportunities to meet new people, explore their interests, and get involved in activities that can make a difference.
- Student Clubs
- Geospatial Club (GIS) was created for students interested in 3-D/4-D operational Geospatial Software, ArcGIS Pro, as well as unique World Geospatial data and resources (over 100TB). Students in this club attend Geospatial meetups and geospatial conferences in the DMV area.
- Student Government Association
- As representatives of students’ interests and rights, the Student Government Association aims to empower and facilitate the development of the students while celebrating the cultural diversity that characterizes our University.
- Annual Commencement Ceremony
- Career and College Fairs
- Field Trips
Leadership and Service
- UOTP Community Initiatives
- Volunteer Opportunities