Jobs for health educators—including wellness coaches and community health workers —are projected to grow more than 20 percent over the next decade thanks to new efforts to improve health outcomes while reducing healthcare costs by teaching people how to live healthier lives.
With University of the Potomac’s Wellness Coach Career Prep course, you’ll take the first steps towards entry into this in-demand job field.
Wellness coaching is a unique career field that combines expertise in areas related to health, wellness and fitness. Learn the relevant theories and methods you’ll need to work with clients and their specific health goals, teach people about behaviors that promote wellness, and develop strategies to improve the health of individuals and communities.
The flexible, online course in wellness coaching is just one of several medical and allied healthcare training programs offered through University of the Potomac’s career development division. With this 12-month, self-paced course at The Potomac Workforce Training & Development Center, you’ll learn:
Interested in pursuing a degree?
Fill out the form and get all admission information you need regarding your chosen program.
This will only take a moment.
- Fundamentals of wellness coaching, including different types and job duties of a wellness coach
- Coaching models and methods used to help clients adopt healthier habits
- The importance of developing your own coaching style in your career as a wellness coach
- How to establish an effective, healthy and supportive coaching relationship
- Active-listening techniques and their role in wellness coaching
- How to ask the right questions to help your clients
- The best strategies for open and honest communication
- Steps to help you develop an action plan that will prepare your clients for future success and wellness
- Lifelong learning strategies for wellness coaches
Learn more about the Wellness Coach Career Prep course at University of the Potomac or browse the complete catalog of available healthcare classes, including nutrition, home health, nursing, physical therapy, adolescent development and aromatherapy.
Whatever certificate you choose to prepare for a rewarding new career, University of the Potomac is here to serve you.
Get personalized assistance with enrollment in classes today at 1-844-235-9108 or [email protected] or visit the Potomac Workforce Training & Development Center online.