University of the Potomac Military Students
University of the Potomac is proud to offer a reduced military tuition rate of $250 per credit hour compared to our standard $541 per credit hour rate. This reduced tuition applies to all active duty military, reservists, their spouses and dependents, and honorably discharged veterans.
University of the Potomac provides tuition assistance, GI Bill® & Yellow Ribbon programs, and credit transfers for Active Duty Military, families of service members, and Veterans.
Any veteran who has served at least 90 days of active duty after September 11, 2001 and received an honorable discharge is eligible to take advantage of the Post 9/11 GI Bill®. Veterans who served 30 days but were honorably discharged for a service-related disability also qualify for the new GI Bill® benefits. Some of the great new benefits include:
- Tuition paid directly to schools
- A housing allowance
- Money for books and school supplies
- Up to $2,000 for tutorial services or certification examinations
- $500 to individuals relocating from highly rural areas to attend college
These new GI Bill® benefits are transferable to immediate family members and will cover up to 36 months of schooling. The Post-9/11 GI Bill® benefits expire 15 years after separation from the Armed Forces, so find out if you’re eligible and start working towards your bright future today.
“GI Bill®” is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
Flexible Learning Format: classes available at campuses in Washington, D.C., Northern Virginia and Online
- Washington, D.C. campus is conveniently located in the heart of the city’s government and business district, three blocks from the White House. In addition to providing the latest amenities in a modern setting, the campus is located adjacent to the McPherson Square metro station, and just three blocks from Metro Center, making it easy to commute to and from classes.
- Vienna, VA campus is located just 15 minutes away from Arlington, VA and the Maryland border in Tysons Corner area.
- Online option can be used to complement your on campus education or as a stand-alone option. Becoming an online student at University of the Potomac will equip you with the same bachelor or associates degree you would have gotten by sitting in a classroom–the Potomac coursework, learning strategies and educational environment may be a bit less traditional, but the extensive education is the same.
We take pride in our military members, their spouses and veterans. These are students who make up an important part of our student body. All military students get the dedicated help of a Military Liaison to assist in the enrollment process. We also offer academic advisors and financial aid advisors.
As a military student transitioning into school, you will have unique concerns and questions about specific benefits. To help clarify these and ensure a smooth transition, a knowledgeable person with an understanding of your situation is avaialable to you during the admissions process. University of the Potomac employs military liaisons fully dedicated to assisting students like you. Military liaisons are contact persons you can call or e-mail with any questions or concerns throughout your academic career. Your liaison may be a critical factor in your college success and career advancement. Below is the contact information for University of the Potomac’s Military Liaisons.
University of the Potomac
Whether you’re an active military member, a military spouse or a veteran, University of the Potomac is here to serve you. You’ll be eligible for reduced tuition grant programs. We offer the convenience of taking class online anywhere around the world or right here at home at our D.C. or Vienna, Virginia campuses.
Education for Military Students That Exceeds Expectations
University of the Potomac offers a curriculum that is designed in collaboration with industry experts, providing our students with the tools that they need for professional success. Our educators combine industry experience and real world scenarios into each class, fostering a collaborative learning environment both challenging and rewarding.
Accredited College Degree from University of the Potomac
University of the Potomac is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education
3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
Why University of the Potomac for your Education?
We take pride in our military members, their spouses and veterans. These are students who make up an important part of our student body.
We offer a dedicated Military Advisor to assist you in the enrollment process. We also offer academic advisors and financial aid advisors.
You have the ability to learn online or on-campus and have support from a college that understands your needs and obstacles as a military service member.
University of the Potomac
For more information on graduation rates, programs, and more, please read more.