Associates Degree in International Business
Associate’s Degree in International Business Overview
Potomac’s Associate Degree in International Business is a two year program that consists of specialized international business courses, related business subjects and general studies classes. The program is designed to prepare you for an entry-level career in global firms and similar jobs in private, governmental and nonprofit organizations. If they choose to do so, students will also be aptly prepared to enter a Bachelor’s Degree program in international affairs.
International Business and International Relations were both listed in Payscale’s top 50 of “Careers that Pay You Back” in their 2014 salary report, beating out regular business and even healthcare careers.
Potomac’s Bachelor of Science degree in International Business prepares students to succeed in a global business environment. Our International Business faculty have international experience in addition to their strong business credentials and students benefit from the global perspective they bring to the classroom.
Positions Available with an Associate’s Degree in International Business:
- Sales & Marketing Trainee
- Sales Associate
- Management Trainee
- International Medical Claims Representative
- International Logistics Dedicated Customer Professional
- Manager, International Benefits
- International Business Capture Liaison Manager
- Inbound CSR Consultants
- International Business Development Representative
- International Relocation Manager
- International Customs Entry Agent
- International Administrator
- Branch Manager-International Logistics
International Business Associate’s Program Outline
University of the Potomac is an accredited school with an International Business Associate’s Degree Program especially designed to prepare students for further graduate study in a wide variety of fields that can lead to advanced business degrees in different areas of international affairs. Our education program classes allow students to become experienced with information technology, while pursuing an educational program that helps them become familiar with the many different aspects of global business. A successful international businessperson utilizes effective business strategies and skills in an international context. University of the Potomac’s program includes basic degree classes that deal with the many different explicit areas of business practices in a complex and developing international economy.
International Business Program Mission
The mission of the Associate of Science degree in International Business is to prepare students for entry-level positions in global firms, as well as positions in private, governmental and nonprofit organizations.
Program Learning Goals
Graduates of the Associate of Science in International Business are able to:
- Define how social, economic and political paradigms impact ethical issues in various international business strategic planning situations.
- Work in teams, apply problem-solving knowledge to effectively communicate legal issues pertaining to international business law and international business operations.
- Demonstrate the use of oral and written communication to analyze and present economic and financial information in the area of international business.
- Discover the nature, significance and context of managerial activities as undertaken by
leadership in various organizations in international business contexts.
- Apply technology to analyze problems, develop business
strategies that relate to international business management.
Global Business Professional
The lower division required international business courses prepare students for the examination leading to certification as a Certified Global Business Professional offered by NASBITE.
To receive an Associate of Science degree in International Business, students must earn 60 semester credit hours. Unless noted otherwise, all courses carry three semester credits hours. Program course requirements are listed in the credit requirements section below.
ASSOCIATE OF SCIENCE IN INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS
General Education Requirements (18 Credits)
- COMP 125 Computer Fundamentals
- ENGL 101 English Composition I
- ENGL 102 English Composition II
- GNED 112 Student Success Strategies
- MATH 106 College Mathematics
- MATH 110 College Algebra
Required Management Courses (21 Credits)
- ACCT 101 Financial Accounting I
- ACCT 110 Financial Accounting II
- BUS 110 Foundations of Business
- BUS 202 Critical Thinking and Decision Making
- BUS 230 Business Ethics and the Legal Environment
- ECON 201 Principles of Economics
- FIN 230 Fundamentals of Finance
Required International Business Courses (18 Credits)
- BUS 270 International Business Law
- BUS 290 Strategies for International Business Ventures
- MGMT 235 Introduction to International Business
- MGMT 260 Cross Cultural Management
- MGMT 275 International Trade and Practices
- MRKT 230 Introduction to International Marketing
Electives (3 Credits)
TOTAL CREDITS – 60 CREDITS
International Business Associate Degree Tuition and Fees
The average cost to matriculate for an International Business Associate Degree is $32,460. The total estimated cost for books and supplies for the entire program is $5,000.
Cost by Credit
- All Students
- $541 per credit
- ($1470 per 3-credit course)
- Active Military & Immediate Family
- $250 per credit
- ($750 per 3-credit course)
- $250 per credit
- ($750 per 3-credit course)
Median Loan Debt: For all students completing this program between July 1, 2009 and June 30, 2010, the median cumulative loan debts for each of the following are: Federal student loans: $24,860 Private loans: $0 Institutional finance plans: $0 Note: This preliminary median loan data is pending confirmation from the U.S. Department of Education. It reflects total debt, including costs of living, while the median loan amount prescribed under the Department’s gainful employment regulations excludes such costs of living.