Associate’s Degree in Business
Associate’s Degree in Business Overview
Potomac’s Associate’s Degree in Business is a two year program that gives students the broad, exhaustive business background that is necessary to productively navigate the standard goals of an organization or corporation. University of the Potomac graduates are given extensive courses that teach them how to efficiently supervise a company’s human, physical and capital assets. The Potomac Associate’s Degree in Accounting gives many advantages:
Associates in Business Careers
Potomac offers a thorough education degree program that focuses on utilizing data as a resource for a business. It also deals with a business manager’s imperative role in analyzing, recording, collecting and presenting information during the corporate decision-making process. Graduates can choose to enter a variety of industries, such as hospitality, healthcare, telecommunications, government, finance, nonprofit or education.
Positions Available with an Associate’s Degree in Business:
- Sales Associate
- Management Trainee
- International Medical Claims Representative
- International Logistics Dedicated Customer Professional
- Manager, International Benefits
- Sales & Marketing Trainee
- International Business Capture Liaison Manager
- Inbound CSR Consultants
- International Business Development Representative
- International Relocation Manager
- International Customs Entry Agent
- International Administrator
- Branch Manager-International Logistics
- Store Management Positions in NOVA and Maryland.
- Associate, Financial Risk Management
- Entry Level Business Management in Education Industry
- Resource Management Associate
- Business Analyst with Project Management Experience
- Associate Director, Operations Services
- Quality Assurance Associate
- Administrative Associate (10054)
- Associate Designer
- Associate Agent
- Associate, Quality Assurance
General Business Program
Potomac’s business degree career specialization was developed to provide learners with an inclusive background of business leadership methods and techniques that can be applied to almost any different type of enterprise. In our classes, we help students learn through the combination of basic theory education courses and the correctly chosen application courses. This helps them easily conform their degree to fit and benefit their personal goals.
The mission of the Associate of Science degree in Business is to provide students with knowledge of business principles, concepts and organizational operations. It provides students with the foundations of business techniques and processes used in most types of organizations.
Program Learning Goals
Graduates of the Associate of Science in Business are able to:
- Define ethical and legal issues affecting business functions and their implications in organizational decision making.
- Apply business knowledge to solve problems and effectively communicate to various stakeholders in any organization.
- Demonstrate the use of effective written and oral business communication skills.
- Demonstrate comprehension of business concepts, principles and theories by developing solutions to business problems.
- Apply technology to define problems, develop and recommend management decisions and actionable strategies.
The four lower division core courses listed below prepare a student for the examination leading to certification as a Certified Business Analyst (CBA):
- BUS 202 Critical Thinking and Decision Making
- MGMT 210 Introduction to Project Management
- MGMT 250 Introduction to Business Analysis
- MGMT 280 Introduction to Business Consulting
To receive an Associate of Science degree in Business, students must earn 60 semester credit hours. Unless noted otherwise, all courses carry three semester credits hours. Program course requirements are listed in the credit requirements section below.
ASSOCIATE OF SCIENCE IN BUSINESS
General Education – Lower Division (18 Credits)
- COMP 125 The Digital World
- ENGL 101 English Composition I
- ENGL 102 English Composition II
- GNED 112 Student Success Strategies
- MATH 106 College Mathematics
- MATH 110 College Algebra
Core Courses – Lower Division (30 Credits)
ACCT 101 Principles of Financial Accounting I
- ACCT 110 Financial Accounting II
- BUS 110 Foundations of Business
- BUS 202 Critical Thinking and Decision Making
- BUS 230 Business Ethics and the Legal Environment
- ECON 201 Principles of Economics
- FIN 230 Fundamentals of Finance
- MGMT 230 Organizational Behavior
- MGMT 235 International Business
- MRKT 110 Principles of Marketing
Electives (12 Credits)
TOTAL CREDITS – 60 CREDITS
Tuition and Fees
Domestic: It is our goal for every student to graduate with little or no debt. This starts with reasonable tuition and coupled with a modest resource fee that covers all e-textbooks, online library access, and many other resources to help enhance our student’s learning.
International: University of the Potomac welcomes students from across the globe. Tuition, coupled with a modest resource fee covers all e-textbooks, online library access, and many other resources to help enhance our student’s learning
Financial Aid: If you need it, we also offer financial aid options including Pell Grants, federal loans, and more.